.

.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Going Home

Mom brought the boys to see us and the baby every day, but they didn't stay long on day three as they were getting sick of the hospital and we would be coming home later that afternoon anyway.  A typical C-Section stay is 3 days post delivery, but I am always so ready to get out of there and go home to my own bed and my family.  My mom is so great and helpful that I never have to worry if I am going to be able to manage because she does everything except feed the baby.  I stayed the full time at the hospital with Soren, I was less anxious to get home since I didn't have other kids that I was missing, but with Beckett I went home on a short stay and knew that I wanted to do the same this time before even going to the hospital.  My doctor is very laid back and had no problem with that.  She came in and visited with us for a few minutes in the morning and sent me home with stronger than normal pain meds because I can't take any anti-inflammatories (thank you Crohn's Disease) and because I was going home on a short stay.

With the first two babies we had to go to a discharge meeting in the morning so we were expecting the same, but when we hadn't heard anything Richard went out to the nurse's station to make sure they knew we were going home and we didn't miss the meeting.  Much to our delight they told us that they did away with the discharge meeting.   HURRAY!

After getting the baby and myself all squared away we headed home early afternoon.  The car ride home is always THE WORST!  It doesn't matter how slow you drive, I feel EVERY SINGLE pebble on the road.  Richard gets yelled at a lot on that drive home, it's not pretty.

We got home earlier than everybody was expecting, but they were so glad to see us.  They had been anxiously awaiting baby Wells homecoming for three days.  

Feels so good to be home with my sweet family!





No comments: