.

.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Day Two

Day two the epidural comes out which is never fun, because then the pain starts to set in.  But after being confined to a bed for 24 hours I am always ready to get it out and get the healing process started.  From the start I felt like this recovery was going to go much more smoothly, I've done this twice before and finally felt like I knew what to expect.  I was able to get out of bed without too much help pretty quick which was nice.  We went on a few small walks around the hospital wing, that is never fun, it is slow and painful, but so important to the C-Section recovery.  There is a fine balance of taking it easy and getting your body moving so it can begin to heal itself.  

I always have problems going to the bathroom after my C-Section and this time was no different.  After trying several times with no success I had to have a catheter put back in so that there was not the risk of infection.  It was so frustrating and deflating to have to do that.  That was a big set back in my head, it is uncomfortable and makes those walks around the hospital wing that much more difficult.

Despite the urinary set back :) ...it was a great day of cuddling my sweet baby.  Paul (Richard's brother) brought Charlotte (my niece) to come see us.  Everybody would have come, but they were having some sickness so most of them had to stay away.




No comments: