.

.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Farewell, See Ya in Two!

So, as you now know from the last post, I am a horrible person, and I left my husband on his birthday.  But I really had a valid reason.  My brother (who is now Elder Beary) was leaving on his mission.  Soren and I went to Utah for 15 days to spend time with my family before he left.  This post may be long and random.  But I decided it was just easier to document the whole trip in one post in chronological order than to do a bunch of different posts.

Soren loves being at grandma and grandpa's house.  He gets spoiled, getting new toys, clothes and getting to try lots of delicious treats.

I was able to go with my brother when he went through the temple.  Jordan was a fabulous uncle and had a wonderful time babysitting my little man.

Spending time with Uncle Justin
 Jordan also had his Eagle Scout Court of Honor while we were there.
My dad is seriously the Soren Sleep Master


Cuddling with Great Grandma


We went to the splash pad.  The water was too cold for me, I'm a Texan now!  Uncle Jordan was the only one brave enough to get in and play with Soren.


This picture had to be documented because we have a picture of
Justin sitting in the fridge when he was little.

Grandma gave him the end of her drumstick,
he was quite pleased.
 Monday night Justin got set apart as a full time missionary for The Church of 
Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Then we had to take him to the airport.  That wasn't so fun.  :(  He was so excited to go, but the nervousness set in as soon as we got the airport.  But I think his excitement was still stronger than the nerves.  We are so proud of him and the decision that he has made to serve the Lord and the people of Brazil for the next 2 years.  We miss him like crazy, but we know he is where he should be and where he wants to be.  We got our first email from him on Wednesday.  He is happy and working hard to learn the language and he loves his companion.

Last picture with Uncle Justin until 2014!
We did a lot of other things that I don't have pictures of:
-Went to the BYU duck pond with some friends
-Went to dinner with friends
-Went to lunch with grandma...a lot!
-Went swimming with my aunt and her cute girls

We had such an amazing trip and I am soooooo grateful to Richard for letting us be gone for so long and understanding how important it was to me to be there for his farewell talk and to take him to the airport.  

2 comments:

Vickie said...

So much fun. You were here for 15 days? It seemed like 15 minutes:( Love reliving the memories. And, I agree, Richard is great!!

Tenika Dennis said...

How exciting to see your brother enter this new phase of his life! When Devin left, I was so grateful that we had modern technology and didn't have to rely on snail mail to hear how he was doing. P-day is going to become your favorite day of the week. ;)