.

.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Meet Suzy, Soon to be Radley


This is our dog...yes, we adopted a dog today.

Richard has been wanting a dog FOREVER, but my rule was always that we could get a dog when we had a house (and therefore, a yard).  Well...we close on our house next week, so the time has come.

We had no intention of getting a dog this soon, we were planning on looking seriously at the end of the summer.  

This afternoon we were feeling the need to get out of our apartment, so we decided to go walk around some shops.  We saw a PetsMart and that it would be fun to take Soren in to look at the animals...and then we saw Suzy (Richard is going to change her name to Radley).  He fell in love, and I fell in love as much as is possible for me.  Soren loves her, they will be great friends.  

She looks like a black lab puppy, but she is 10 months and nearly full grown.  She is the perfect size for us and so cute.  Not sure what breed she is, but whatever it is she is adorable.

We adopted her today, but she is going to stay in her foster home for a few more weeks until we get settled in our house.  

Richard is thrilled and I am coming around.  If Soren had any idea what was going on he would also be thrilled.

3 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

My husband would be jealous. She seems sweet, and very cute! Enjoy. :)

Lorie S. said...

Haha, you guys sound so much like us! That is my exact same rule for Alec and I have a feeling he will be looking asap and cashing in on my promise as soon as he can. That is a very cute dog.

Jess and Richard said...

So funny! I am sure he will, Richard sure is...we have the dog on "hold" until we get the house. haha, but it is a cute dog, and I am sure I will end up loving her. If nothing else, she will be a great friend for Soren, he already loves her. People in the store were stopping to watch them play together.