I am still feeling quite sad about the outcome of the BYU vs Wake Forest game. However, the crowd was amazing, over 23,000, and I feel quite good about the atmosphere and how loud it was. We gave them a run for their money and only lost by about five, we had them, but unfortunately we couldn't put it away in the end.
However, there are some good things that came out of this game (at least they make me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside). Teague, WF's best player, made the comment that this was the best crowd he had ever played in front of. And WF's coach made a couple of good comments. First, that it was a great crowd and the loudest he has ever hears. And second, (this is the one that really makes me feel good) is that BYU would be competitive in the ACC (really good basketball conference that gets lots of national recognition). I know that we will never join the ACC because well they are all back east and it would be silly to have the teams back east and then one in Utah, but it still made me feel good that the coach of the number 6 team in the nation thinks that we could compete with his team and the rest of the ACC on a regular basis (the ACC has 3 teams in the top 6). Anyways, that is my happy note for the day.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I loved the game. Yeah it sucks that we lost, but it was a good game. I think I saw you there.
Let me just say, screaming like a maniac y then having to teach Sunday School the next day isn't something I would advise. No one could really hear me y then everyone thinks I'm sick!
Majorly stinks that we lost, but we put up a good fight for the whole 40 minutes.
Post a Comment