.

.

Monday, October 6, 2008

A Friday at the Dentist...

So as a part of my new commitment to doing better on keeping my blog updated, here is my first story...

I have a tooth that has been bothering me for quite some time so before the wedding I got a temporary medicated filling put in so that I wouldn't have to worry about the pain for at least a couple of months. So the time came to get the temporary filling taken out and the permanent one put in about 2 weeks ago. I did this only to find that my tooth absolutely killed when anything cold touched it. So bad that I couldn't drink anything except through a straw on the opposite side of my mouth. I couldn't even brush my teeth with cold water because it hurt so bad.

So after dealing with this pain for a couple of days I decided it was unbearable and called the dentist to see if I could get another temporary filling put in only to hear that the next step was to get a root canal. So that is how I spent my Friday morning, in the dentist's office having the nerve in my tooth removed. Woohoo. Luckily I was so numb that I didn't feel a thing and I used it as an excuse to miss my classes. :) Which is nice every once in a while. I also got to spend the day with my mom in her classroom because I didn't want to go back to Provo for my classes. So I ate school lunch with my mom and corrected some spelling tests.

My mouth was a little sore over the weekend, but now I am doing much better and my tooth no longer hurts! Woohoo! So I guess it was all worth it in the end! :)

2 comments:

Lorie said...

I've been there! Sorry! that doesn't sound like fun at all1

Jess and Richard said...

No, it definitely was not fun! But now my tooth doesn't hurt anymore so it is great! The only problem is that I have to go back on Monday to get the root canal finished. :( Oh well, good reason to miss work. :)