.

.

Friday, November 20, 2015

Firetruck...Fun...

Mom fail:  we were headed out to run a few errands before going to play at an indoor play place.  I was low on gas, but I was in a more expensive area so I only wanted to get a few gallons, I pulled into the nearest gas station and put a few gallons of gas in the car.  When I was done I went to get back in the car to discover that it was locked...and inside were my keys and my phone and my kids.  Awesome.  Luckily, it wasn't hot outside so I knew the kids were safe and I was able to avoid completely freaking out.  After a few minutes of trying to help Soren figure out how to unbuckle himself with no success I borrowed a phone from somebody and called the fire department.  They spent the first little while trying to unlock the door with a contraption, but that didn't work.  After probably 20 or 30 minutes (it wasn't hot and the boys weren't panicking) they were able to fish my keys out of the middle console and we were able to unlock the door.  

Soren thought the whole thing was great, he enjoyed watching the firefighters and taking pictures with them afterward.  I am so grateful for firefighthers and all they do for our community.  They are always so kind and nice to the kids.




No comments: