.

.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Urgent Care

This morning we got up and ate breakfast and then we were getting ready to go to the gym.  Soren likes to stand on the toilet while I get ready in the morning.  I was brushing my teeth when he slipped off of the toilet and hit his head on the edge of our scale (it is glass).  I picked him up trying to console him thinking he had just hit his head hard.  Then I realized I needed to check his head to make sure it hadn't split open, unfortunately it had.  I got a wet rag to try to stop the bleeding, but he was not having any of that.  So I yelled to Jordan that I needed his help.  He helped me get Soren into the car and we were off to Urgent Care.  It was such a blessing to have Jordan here to go with me and help with Soren while I got all of the paper work done.  

They did not give him a numbing agent because at this age it is more work than it is worth.  Holding him tight while they cleaned it and put the staples in was MISERABLE, but luckily it was only like 2 minutes.  And as soon as it was over he was totally fine.  We just took the day easy and hung out.  He was great all day, every once in a while he would rub his head or point to his head and say "ow".  But if it wasn't for the big gash on his head you wouldn't have known anything was wrong.

I am so grateful for all the concerned messages and phone calls that I got from family and friends far away.  Grateful for the offers of help from friends close by.  Grateful for a husband that picked dinner up and brought it home so I could just focus on my boy.  And so grateful that my brother was here to help, I could not have done it on my own.  

1 comment:

Emerson and Cassandra said...

Oh, no! Poor baby :(
Glad he's doing OK