Soren has some nasty seasonal allergies that come with yucky side effects. Usually he ends up with an ear infection and we just treat it with essential oils at home. This time, that was NOT working. After leaving story time and having him scream in the car for a solid ten minutes we turned around and went to the doctor (after calling of course, luckily they had an appointment in 20 minutes and I took it!). I walked in expecting to get an antibiotic for his ear infection and walked out with all of this!
Turns out his cough was also a wheeze (he had not been napping well because his cough was so bad that it was keeping him awake, but I had no idea he was wheezing!).
He was tortured by the breathing treatment and I was tortured by the prednisone. That stuff makes for a cranky, moody child. Luckily, it's only a five day med and we are back to enjoying our sweet, happy, silly boy.
Despite the miserable side effects of the prednisone I am grateful for modern medicine.
No comments:
Post a Comment