.

.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hang in There

Soren is in gymnastics and he loves it.  Today when we got out of the car and he saw where we were he started running to get inside, it was cute.  Every time he figures something out I get so excited that he is actually learning and getting stronger.  For example, he use to not really be able to jump on the trampoline.  Now he can jump (both feet off the ground) and drop onto his bottom (whether that is intentional or not is still being determined...).

Two weeks ago he put his hands on the bars and pulled down a little, but not hanging was involved.  Since then he has been holding onto any bar type of thing he can find (oven, park, etc.).  Today he hung on the bar, both feet off the ground for about 10 seconds at a time.  Maybe it's because I am his mom and was so proud of him, but 10 seconds seems like a long time for a little guy.  Anyway, he was so proud of himself that he wanted to do it over and over for a good 5 minutes (that is a long time for an 18 month old to focus on any one thing).

Here is a picture of my cute boy so stinkin proud of himself!


I know you can't actually see the bar (or his feet) in this picture, but I promise it is true.  It was hard to get far enough away to get a good picture of the whole thing.

3 comments:

vickie beary said...

Cute, Smart, and Strong!! What a combination.

Lorie S. said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing your fun! We have a gym that has free gym time for ages 5 and under an hour a week and we have started going. We've been a few times and Andrew loves it. I am seriously thinking about getting him into a class this next year.

Lorie said...

Jessica he is SO cute! I love this picture of him! I can't wait to see you guys in May! You guys will have to come jump on our tramp when you are here. He will love our backyard!