Alright, so I have had a lot of people ask me about the Busy Bag Swap/Exchange that I participated in so I decided the best way to get all of the information out there was to just blog about it. Here it goes...
So a few weeks ago I got an email from a friend saying that she wanted to organize a Busy Bag Swap, I thought this sounded like a wonderful idea. To give some background, busy bags are simple activities that young children can do on their own when you need a few uninterrupted minutes and don't want to just put them in front of a screen.
The idea behind the swap is to save money by putting together multiples of the same bag and then swapping them with other people.
We had four age groups: toddler, preschool, Kindergarten-2nd, and 3rd-5th. Between the two of us organizing people we knew we had a great response. We ended up with 18 in the toddler and preschool groups, 11 in the K-2 group and 7 in the 3-5 group. We were pretty excited about this. We had everybody email us with which activity they were going to put together so that we didn't end up with a bunch of the same thing and off to work we all went.
We gave ourselves about 2 weeks to put the bags all together and then we all met in the church gym to exchange our bags, it was so great!
So a few weeks ago I got an email from a friend saying that she wanted to organize a Busy Bag Swap, I thought this sounded like a wonderful idea. To give some background, busy bags are simple activities that young children can do on their own when you need a few uninterrupted minutes and don't want to just put them in front of a screen.
The idea behind the swap is to save money by putting together multiples of the same bag and then swapping them with other people.
We had four age groups: toddler, preschool, Kindergarten-2nd, and 3rd-5th. Between the two of us organizing people we knew we had a great response. We ended up with 18 in the toddler and preschool groups, 11 in the K-2 group and 7 in the 3-5 group. We were pretty excited about this. We had everybody email us with which activity they were going to put together so that we didn't end up with a bunch of the same thing and off to work we all went.
We gave ourselves about 2 weeks to put the bags all together and then we all met in the church gym to exchange our bags, it was so great!
| 18 of these turned into... |
| 18 of these turned into... |
I spent about $30-40 on the 36 bags I made, getting the 36 bags in return would have been way more expensive!
The swap...
Soren playing with one of his busy bags





2 comments:
This is a great idea.
Hmm, I wonder if I could get something like this together. Looks great, do you still get good use out of it with Soren?
Post a Comment