.

.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Jam Time

Strawberries and blackberries were on sale this week so we decided it was time to make some jam...unfortunately we forgot about this plan until about 6pm on Saturday night, but we decided to do it anyway so off to Walmart we went.  We got home with A LOT of fruit and sugar (turns out, way more than we needed, but don't worry -- it did not go to waste...well the sugar will get used eventually).  We got home and went to work (with Soren happily sleeping in his crib).  We were prepared for the jam making to take up our entire evening, but thanks to our AWESOME Vitamix we made 14 jars of jam, plus some extra pureed strawberries for future use, in under an hour, start to finish with clean up!  We were thrilled with how easy it was.  So we spent the rest of our evening watching Harry Potter and eating vanilla ice cream with bananas and strawberries on top.  YUM!

 
 
  
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

Oh yum! I can't wait for summer here to bring us all sorts of fresh fruits and veggies. Enjoy your jam!

Lorie S. said...

Wow! I'm impressed. I've never made jam before, or canned anything. I'm in need of lessons!