.

.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pike Place Market

Today we had our first true Seattleite experience. We drove to downtown (10 minutes away) and explored Pike Place Market. As with many major cities Seattle's downtown is a series of one way streets. While looking for a parking place we finally found one on the street but it was on the opposite side and we couldn't make it. No problem, we'll go around the block. Second time around I thought that there was a spot on the right side of the street, we get down there and it was an unloading zone only. No problem, we'll go around the block. Finally on the third time down the street we successfully made it into the parking spot. Good thing Richard's an expert parallel parker. A skill I'll have to work on.

Pike Place Market was so cool! It is huge and has so many different things. The produce stands and the fish markets were giving out free samples, which was really fun. The peaches and pears were so delicious! I was even a good sport and tried a sample of smoked salmon, now I can 100% say I DO NOT LIKE SALMON! It was good for a minute, while it tasted like ham, but then the fishy after taste kicked in. YUCK!

Here are a few pictures from the market.




2 comments:

Molly and David said...

I love Pike Place! Good to see you enjoying WA :)

Lorie said...

Fun! That's my kind of place!