.

.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Richard's Surprise

So I have known what I was going to get Richard for his birthday since February...yes, I know, that is 6 months in advance, but I was really excited. To make matters worse Richard knew how excited I was about it and so he was anxious and getting very antsy to know what he was getting (little did he know he would actually be doing something...not getting something). So we celebrated his birthday on Saturday the 15th because I have to work all day today (his birthday). We were supposed to do his birthday present first thing in the morning, but it didn't work out. For the surprise to work it had to be nice weather and it wasn't. He kept saying, "I'm willing to try", but he didn't realize that I didn't actually get to make the decision. So I was hoping it would work out for later in the day, I didn't think it would, but I was hoping. So to keep him occupied for the day we went and saw "Wolverine" at the dollar theater and then we went and got frozen yogurt from Hogi Yogi. YUM! When we came out of the movie theater the weather was GORGEOUS! So I was continuing to hope that things would work out for his birthday present later in the day.
So I got a phone call at about 4:30 pm telling me that we could be to the secret location for his present at 5:30, so I got very excited and ran to Richard announcing that it was time for his present and he was very excited (he was very patient waiting all day). So I got everything that we needed and I blind folded him and we were off. When we arrived he had NO idea where we were so I got him out of the car and said "You are going paragliding." And his response was, "nu-uh, no way, are you serious?" I loved it! I got the idea because last summer everytime we would drive by the point of the mountain and see all of the paragliders he would comment on how cool and fun he thought that would be so I made it happen. And he loved it and couldn't believe he was actually going to do it. He went on a tandem flight so he didn't have to stress about learning how to do it, he just got to sit back and enjoy the ride. He loved it and he got a really great instructor. Here are some pictures of the activity.



Getting strapped in and ready to go!

In the air (he is the one in the top left corner)


Flying high!


He had a camera with him and got a couple pictures, he made sure to get one of the Draper Temple.

The flight park, I am standing down there watching him.


Close up


Landing


All done

Richard and Richard (yes his instructors name was Richard)

1 comment:

Jessica Garthe said...

How awesome is that! What a great wifey you are!!!!