The weather was beautiful! Carolyn and Chad kept saying what a bummer it was that we came on this week because it had started cooling down for that week and then was gonna be nice again the next week, but being from Utah we were more than happy with the 65 degree weather! It felt great compared to the 50 degrees we had been used to. We even went swimming on Friday! Woohoo! Swimming during Thanksgiving Break now that is the good life!
Wednesday we went shopping to get everything that we needed for Thanksgiving dinner, since there was only four of us we decided against a turkey and went with a rotisserie chicken instead. The main thing that we focused on was PIE (as long as there was potatoes and stuffing I was happy and all Carolyn cared about was her pie). We made six...yes SIX for four people! Haha! Needless to say we spent the entire weekend eating pie. We had to chocolate, one banana cream, one pumpkin, one cherry, and huge Apple Crisp (which we are counting as a pie).
We played many games of Outburst and it was very fun, we enjoyed it and I enjoyed getting to know Carolyn because I haven't really been able to spend much time with her before. And we also got to know her boyfriend, Chad, which was a lot of fun.
Thursday we just spent the day eating, watching movies, and playing games, it was GREAT!
Friday we did the same. :)
Saturday Chad didn't have to work so we spent the whole day doing lots of fun things. First, we went hiking (which I don't love, but Richard's family loves hiking as does Chad so I tried to be a good sport...I failed a little...). We did a hike called Camelback and there was a lot of people hiking it. We only made it about 2/3 of the way because I was dying and so everybody was very nice and willing to turn around there. This is how much I enjoy hiking...
After relaxing for a while we went to a big huge shopping complex in Scottsdale (expensive stores) to look at the lights. It was fun to feel the Christmas spirit! :)
Me and Richard
1 comment:
Sounds like a really fun break! We really liked seeing you guys; we only wish it could've been longer. Love the pics!
Post a Comment